The Law Firm
THE ATTORNEYS AT HARE WYNN are proud to have represented and worked with numerous public entities in a variety of contexts. Our attorneys are very familiar with statutes affecting governmental operation, procurement, contracting and other daily functions. Our attorneys are some of Alabama’s most experiences when it comes to litigation with or matters involving federal and state governments and are prepared to offer quality legal advice or representation involving these issues. The firm has been hired by State Attorneys General to represent states against some of the world’s most powerful pharmaceutical companies. Hare Wynn is also proud to have recovered more than $1 billion for the United States of America by representing whistleblowers who exposed and stopped those who would steal from American taxpayers.
As part of the firm’s commitment to help clients expose and combat fraud, Hare Wynn obtained a $2.8 billion trial judgment, and affirmance on appeal, against former HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy in a shareholder derivate suit that returned ill-gotten gains to the company.
Hare Wynn’s lawyers have consistently been recognized by numerous national organizations, publications and their peers as being among the most successful and experiences courtroom lawyers in the country.
- More than $1 billion in False Claims Act recoveries
- The largest intervened False Claims Act recovery in the history of the FCA (as of 2000), U.S. ex rel. Johnson v. Shell
- The largest non-intervened False Claims Act recovery in the history of the FCA, U.S ex. Rel. Pogue v. DTCA
- One of the few law firms in the country to have litigated a False Claims Act jury trial
- Two Taxpayers Against Fraud education Fund National Whistleblower Lawyer of the Year Award Winners—Scott Powell and Don McKenna
- An attorney serving on the President’s Counsel of Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund—Scott Powell
- Seventeen years experience handling False Claims Act cases in venues across the United States
The National Law Journal judged us to be “at the cutting edge of plaintiffs’ work.”
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Law Firms in America
- National Law Journal, Plaintiff’s Hot List
- Best Lawyers In America®
- Law Dragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Society of Barristers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Birmingham Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Birmingham
- Super Lawyers®
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Chambers USA- Ranking of Leading Firms and Lawyers in America
- Benchmark Litigation – America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys
If you are a whistleblower or are aware of fraud on federal or state governments, contact us and allow our experiences attorneys to use their knowledge and experience to assist you in navigating the complex world of False Claims Act Whistleblower Law.
To learn more about Hare Wynn, visit hwnn.com.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
05/18/2018 It’s Time for a Corporate Crime Database and Annual Report
Consumer advocate Ralph Nader has spearheaded a group of organizations pushing for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to create an annual corporate crime report and database similar to the Uniform Crime Reporting Program that has documented the rise and fall of street crime over the course of the last 80 years. Taxpayers Against Fraud sent its own letter to Attorney … Continue reading It’s Time for a Corporate Crime Database and Annual Report…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog