Types of Whistleblower Cases
Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud
Common examples of tax fraud to include but are not limited to:
- Backdating/postdating earnings or losses to move income into a different tax year.
- Questionable tax shelter schemes and false deductions.
- Under-reporting revenue or over-claiming losses.
- Foreign companies that fail to pay U.S. taxes for domestic operations.
- U.S. companies and wealthy individual citizens who conceal earnings made from transactions on foreign stock and commodity exchanges, and from other foreign transactions.
- Non-filing of a federal tax return.
- Mis-labeling personal expenses as corporate expenses.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
11/15/2018 This Fraud Awareness Week, Remember to Keep Your Eyes Open
Realizing fraud happens is not enough — you need to take action This year, International Fraud Awareness Week falls on November 11-17 and is being commemorated by governments and other organizations around the globe. In the United States, people should remember the courageous whistleblowers who have stepped forward under the False Claims Act, IRS, SEC, … Continue reading This Fraud Awareness Week, Remember to Keep Your Eyes Open…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog