Types of Whistleblower Cases
Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud
Common examples of tax fraud to include but are not limited to:
- Backdating/postdating earnings or losses to move income into a different tax year.
- Questionable tax shelter schemes and false deductions.
- Under-reporting revenue or over-claiming losses.
- Foreign companies that fail to pay U.S. taxes for domestic operations.
- U.S. companies and wealthy individual citizens who conceal earnings made from transactions on foreign stock and commodity exchanges, and from other foreign transactions.
- Non-filing of a federal tax return.
- Mis-labeling personal expenses as corporate expenses.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
01/10/2019 TAF Take: FY18 DOJ False Claims Act Statistics
Recently released fraud statistics from the Department of Justice do not leave whistleblowers, their attorneys, or good-government advocates with a particularly rosy picture of 2018. Although the number of new qui tam cases fell only slightly — to 645 in 2018 from 680 in 2017 — the total value of recoveries in qui tam matters … Continue reading TAF Take: FY18 DOJ False Claims Act Statistics The post TAF Take: FY18 DOJ False Claims Act Statistics appeared first on Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund.…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog