Types of Whistleblower Cases
Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud
Common examples of tax fraud to include but are not limited to:
- Backdating/postdating earnings or losses to move income into a different tax year.
- Questionable tax shelter schemes and false deductions.
- Under-reporting revenue or over-claiming losses.
- Foreign companies that fail to pay U.S. taxes for domestic operations.
- U.S. companies and wealthy individual citizens who conceal earnings made from transactions on foreign stock and commodity exchanges, and from other foreign transactions.
- Non-filing of a federal tax return.
- Mis-labeling personal expenses as corporate expenses.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
05/18/2018 It’s Time for a Corporate Crime Database and Annual Report
Consumer advocate Ralph Nader has spearheaded a group of organizations pushing for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to create an annual corporate crime report and database similar to the Uniform Crime Reporting Program that has documented the rise and fall of street crime over the course of the last 80 years. Taxpayers Against Fraud sent its own letter to Attorney … Continue reading It’s Time for a Corporate Crime Database and Annual Report…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog