Types of Whistleblower Cases
Military and Department of Defense Contractors
Defense contract fraud can come in a variety of forms. These might include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining contracts through false statements.
- Misrepresenting project costs.
- Underbidding, overcharging, or over-billing on contracts.
- Omitting resources available to the company for a project.
- Contract-negotiation fraud.
- Use of cheap or inferior products.
- Failure to follow contract specifications or to complete the project to government requirements.
- Falsifying test results or failing to perform required tests or inspections.
- Billing the government for time spent on private contracts.
- Representing purchases as made from American companies when they are not.
- Failing to comply with contract specifications, misrepresenting qualifications to complete the work.
- Overbilling or overcharging for goods or services.
- Billing for services not provided, utilizing sub-standard goods.
- Violating the Truth-in-Negotiations Act (TINA), which stipulated that the government should have access to all the cost or pricing data the contractor used in making a bid for a government project; if a contractor withheld relevant data which resulted in an overstated price, this would be a violation.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
10/17/2018 TAFEF 2018 Conference Wrap-Up
Did you miss this year’s annual TAFEF Conference & Awards? Check out the Twitter feed below to see some of this year’s highlights. Our annual conference & awards dinner focuses on recent and developing False Claims Act issues along with the IRS, SEC, and CFTC whistleblower programs. The conference brings together key False Claims Act … Continue reading TAFEF 2018 Conference Wrap-Up…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog