Types of Whistleblower Cases
Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing
Common examples of medical fraud and fraudulent health care billing include, but are not limited to:
- Off-label marketing of pharmaceuticals.
- Upcoding of medical charges to a higher level of service or for more services than actually performed.
- Violations of the Stark Self-Referral Laws.
- Billing for services not performed or medical products not provided.
- Claims for health care for patients in exchange for “kickbacks.”
- “Unbundling” of services required by Medicare rules to be “bundled.”
- Allocating costs that should be borne by private insurers to a federal health program.
- Billing for unallowable costs, and other costs that the federal health program doesn’t cover, such as lobbying, marketing and personal expenses. This conduct often will involve false statements concerning the true nature of the expenses.
- Billing for unsafe or defective products sold in violation of FDA rules.
TYPES OF WHISTLEBLOWER CASESMilitary and Department of Defense Contractors Medicare Fraud or Fraud in Health Care Billing Corporate Financial Misconduct and Securities Fraud Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Fraud Substantial IRS and Tax Fraud Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Kickbacks and Off-Label Marketing Cases Federal Mineral Lease Payment Fraud (oil, natural gas on federal lands)
10/17/2018 TAFEF 2018 Conference Wrap-Up
Did you miss this year’s annual TAFEF Conference & Awards? Check out the Twitter feed below to see some of this year’s highlights. Our annual conference & awards dinner focuses on recent and developing False Claims Act issues along with the IRS, SEC, and CFTC whistleblower programs. The conference brings together key False Claims Act … Continue reading TAFEF 2018 Conference Wrap-Up…READ MORESource: TAF Education Fund Blog